Saturday, August 18, 2012

Round 1 Completed!!!

About three weeks ago I was finishing my last set of midterms and starting the long haul to finals.  I didn't think studying for finals would take all that time... but it did.  In this past 4 months I have studied about 10 times more than the entirety of my undergraduate career.  And it paid off!!!  I will be joining our Blue class as it makes its journey into 2nd semester.

Finals was a very weird time for me.  Spent copious amounts of time studying, very little time eating, and an even smaller time sleeping.  I did get plenty of rest up until the week of finals.  Then, when I did get to sleep, my "dreaming" consisted of canine and equine muscle groups being pulled away from bone with exposed vasculature.  Or mixing of the feed of a dairy herd making sure that the right proportions of nutrients went in to make sure they all didn't get rumen acidosis(too much acid produced in the rumen during digestion).

One other very difficult part of finals is that they do not release your grades until all exams have been taken.  The reason for this of course is to keep you from not performing well on one exam because you already found out you failed another one.  It still is very stressful.  You definitely learn how to compartmentalize your emotions and thoughts about other classes to try and focus on what's in front of you.

Grades are supposed to be posted my noon on the Saturday after exams... that would be today.  We found out yesterday our class grades.  The website to find these grades however, is a little confusing.  At first I didn't know what unofficial transcript I was looking at (pre or post final exams).  But it ended up being post, and I ended up passing.  I also ended up passing with a 3.5, which made me eligible for the deans list!!! A few friends of mine made it on the President's list which is 4.0.  A very large accomplishment considering the stress and copious amounts of material needed to absorb in the short amount of time available.

I just moved out of the dorms on campus into my new place which I will talk about soon once I finish unpacking and getting pictures uploaded.  Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment